The president will on Sunday 6th June at 8pm make a second address about the covid 19 crisis in a space of 8 days.
The President’s previous address came last week on Saturday 29th May in which he cautioned Ugandans about failure to observe the SOP’s.
The president in his address said that people had deserted observing the SOP’s put in place by the Ministry of Health. These guidelines were put up during the first phase of the pandemic in 2020.
The President however said most people had declined to adhere to them a thing which has worsened the situation in the country.
Museveni who was expected to issue tough guidelines with another lockdown anticipated by citizens instead promised to make a second address towards the end of this week.
And after meeting the COVID-19 national task force, the president made his communication official.
In this address, the president is expected to lay new guidelines on how to curb the pandemic down.
“I met the National Taskforce on COVID19 this afternoon at State House Entebbe. I will address the Nation on Sunday 6th June at 8pm on the steps we have decided to take to curb the new wave”, the president tweeted.
It should also be noted that after the President’s first address, the law enforcers also heightened up their operations. These included arresting motorists who were in breach of curfew and those carrying out illegal social gatherings.