Ugandan Musician Bobi Wine aka Kyagulanyi Robert Ssentamu has been named the richest music in East Africa topping his closest rivals Uganda’s Jose Chameleone and Tanzania’s Diamond Platnumz in the latest rankings of November 2020.
The list was released by Tuko Kenya the largest online newspaper in Kenya after making research basing on musicians earnings and investment assets. Bobi Wine’s net worth was estimated to be $7M which is approximately UGX 26Bn while Jose Chameleone who was number 2 had an estimated net worth of 6.2M. Diamond Platnumz came at number 3 with 5.1M.
Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan artists did not make it to the list that was dominated by Tanzania’s artists. South Sudan and Burundi music is still struggling hard to break border walls into other East African countries whereas Rwanda has of recently had musician that have shined in the East African region like Omni Dimples, The Ben and Knowles.
Uganda’s musician Eddy Kenzo did not make it to the list of top 10 richest artists in East Africa despite an increase in his earnings and investments recently. Eddy Kenzo of has of recent increased investments in Mortgages, agriculture, real estates and is yet to construct a beach in Mukono.
Bobi Wine’s sources of wealth include music, real estates, a beache, politics, transport sector and agriculture. While Chameleone’s main sources of music include music, brand endorsements and is currently entering in the media industry.
Diamond Platnumz earns mainly from music that sells across the continent and his music label Wasafi Records in addition to his media company that owns among others Wasafi TV in Tanzania. Kenya had Jaguar a musician, philanthropist and a politician, Female artist Akothee and rapper Khaligraph Jones.
Here is the full list of 10 richest East African artists released by Tuko Kenya.
- Bobi Wine – Ugandan Musician and Politician $7M (UGX 26Bn)
2. Jose Chameleone – Ugandan Musician and Politian $6.2M – (23Bn)
3. Diamond Platnumz – Tanzania’s singer and businessman $5.1M
4. Alkiba – Tanzania’s singer $5M
5. Lady JayDee – Tanzania’s singer and businesswoman $3.9M
6. Jaguar – Kenyan artist and philanthropist $3.2M
7. Akothee – Kenyan artist and businesswoman $3.2M
8. Professor Jay – Tanzania’s legendary singer and politician $3.1M
9. Bebe Cool – Ugandan Musician $500,000 (UGX 1.86Bn)
10. Khaligraph Jones – Kenyan Rapper $400,000
Tanzania’s Rayvanny, Kenya’s Sauti Sol music group, Willy Paul and Tanzania’s Mdee Vanessa are also some of the artists that missed on Tuko’s list.