|Date Posted||February 9, 2021|
Finance & Accounting
Deadline of this Job:
21 February 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
The Agricultural Business Initiative Group is a social enterprise with the overall vision to contribute to 'a competitive and sustainable agriculture and agribusiness sector in Uganda in support of equitable wealth creation in Uganda'. The aBi Group consists of two companies Limited by Guarantee; a Bi Development (formerly a Bi Trust) and aBi Finance. The main focus of aBi Development is to increase agricultural production and value addition by extending matching grants and business development services (BDS) to agribusinesses, farmer organizations and intermediaries. The grants and BDS enhance planning and management, production and business infrastructure, and upstream and downstream market linkages of producers and agribusinessesaBi Finance expands access to business finance for agricultural a Bi producers and agribusinesses by offering to Financial Institutions (Fls), financial incentives and infrastructure that make lending to the agricultural sector more attractive and less risky. aBi wishes to recruit a Product Manager Financial Services Development. A summary of the Key Responsibilities and requirements is given below. The full job description can be found on www.futureoptions.org.
Job Title: PRODUCT MANAGER FINANCIAL SERVICES DEVELOPMENT
Reports to: Head of Business Development .
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Product Manager Financial Services Development (FSD) is responsible for building the capacity of a delegated portfolio of Financial Institutions so that they are able to efficiently and effectively deploy agribusiness financing in a sustainable socially responsible manner (SSRI). S/he provides technical assistance alongside grant financing to support Fls in sustainably offering relevant and affordable products to agribusinesses. The ultimate goal is generating a competitive, profitable, and sustainable agriculture and agribusiness sector in support of equitable wealth creation in Uganda. AREA OF
The Product Manager Financial Services Development shall be responsible for:
• Marketing & Sector Support.
• Pipeline & Portfolio Management.
• Ensuring Impactful Implementation.
• Managing Financial Institution Partner Relationships.
• A degree in either Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Commerce or Agribusiness and relevant professional qualification.
• Training in Credit & Financial Risk Analysis (added advantage)
• PGD - Project Management (added advantage)
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• At least 5 years proven experience working in the Financial services sector
• Experience and working knowledge of the agribusiness sector.
• Knowledge and experience in the working operations of financial institutions.
• Ability to build strong and sustainable partnerships.
• Ability to work against tight deadlines.
• Familiarity of usage of databases and Microsoft Office.
• Strong communication skills (Oral and written).
• Knowledge and experience in development of digital financial services especially in agribusiness value chains is an added advantage
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are encouraged to apply online on www.futureoptions.org.or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 21st February 2021. Canvassing will lead to disqualification. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.