|Date Posted||January 23, 2021|
Procurement and Logistics Jobs in Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
29 January 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CNOOC Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) CNOOC Uganda Limited is delighted to offer employment opportunities to the local laleni Grow your career with CNOOC Uganda Limited and join our experienced team of professionals. Are you focused? committed, passionate and ready to take on new challenges? Then this could be your opportunity to make a valid contribution to the development of the oil and gas sector in Uganda.
Location: Kampala, Uganda however can be mobilized to Lake Albert area, other construction sites or other cities as required.
• Manage freight forwarding, transportation, materials warehousing and handling, camp and aviation.
• Develop all operation policies & procedures.
• Provide effective and efficient Logistics field support services to the Company's operations. .
• Preparing Logistics plans and strategies for the Company's operations.
• Establishing an international logistics network for the Company, ensuring cargo moves smoothly and efficiently
• Responsible for entrance and exit permits and tariff exemption procedures.
• Developing the import and export materials transportation plan and leading in supervision of its implementation.
• Responsible for the declaration, inspection and examination of materials, acceptance of delivery, and material warehousing and dispatch.
• Developing a freight forwarding manual that will be used as a work manual both internally & externally.
• Developing technical work groups between JVs and the relevant Authorities to solve logistics issues.
• Setting up control measures to ensure Company Policies and exemptions are not abused by Company Contractors.
• Liaising with shipping companies and freight forwarders for all shipments to ensure goods are processed through Customs expeditiously.
• Elaborate schedule and ToRs for Customs Audits, internal and external
• Carrying out periodic route surveys across the East African Route Corridors.
• Preparation of a detailed expediting plan for both imports & exports and shares it with logistic Contractors.
• Maintain a clear and consistent communication with Suppliers, vendors and shipping contacts throughout the procurement processing.
• Ensure appropriate import and export compliance procedures are followed by user departments and contracted vendors.
• Processing permits and Licenses for specialized cargo like OOG & Dangerous goods.
• Managing and monitoring forwarding process of goods through air/sea or road.
• Responsible for cargo transportation and material handling.
• Responsible for aviation service of Personnel movement between Kampala and sites.
• Responsible for overseeing Camp management, including POB and fuel management, catering service, laundry service, security service, and etc.
• Response for formulation and revision of procedures/policies governing logistics functions.
• Guiding logistics team during annual work planning and budgeting process as well as implementation of the plans.
• Provide guidance, coaching & supervision to all the supervisors.
• Other duties assigned by superior.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Bachelor's degree in Petroleum engineering, drilling and completion, planning, Logistics and Supply Chain management, Freight forwarding or the related.
• At least 10 years' related working experience including 3 years' related experience in Oil & Gas Industry.
• Extensive knowledge of laws and rules of Custom and Commercial inspection.
• Extensive knowledge of logistics, freight forwarding and foreign trade process
• Knowledge of declaration, import and export transportation.
• Extensive knowledge of warehouse operations.
• Knowledge of Oil & Gas.
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send ONLY your CV and Application Letter merged into one PDF 10 firstname.lastname@example.org not later than FRIDAY 29TH JANUARY 2021 at 5.00PM.
Ensure to indicate the JOB TITLE in the SUBJECT HEAD of the email.
Please note that your CV should include your contact information, list your qualifications, nationality, 3 related references and only the first application submitted will be considered.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.