|Date Posted||January 23, 2021|
Finance & Accounting
Deadline of this Job:
05 February 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Our client Dfcu Bank would like to recruit a Head of Credit Analysis. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Head of Credit Analysis will be responsible for providing leadership and direction lo the Bank's Credit Analysis Unit, with responsibility for originating and structuring of Customers/Clients' credit applications, supporting the growth of a profitable and quality credit portfolio, monitoring and managing the Bank's credit portfolio quality, and supporting the Bank's credit expansion strategy.
• Provide leadership and guidance to the Credit Analysis Unit in structuring of new and existing clients application/facilities to ensure timely delivery of proposals that meet the Bank's funding criteria;
• Review and carry out a thorough analysis of the Customer's/Client's credit requests, including analysis of financial statements working very with the credit approval team;
• Provide credit risk analysis findings and recommendations to the credit approval team as well as providing technical support to the team to ensure timely approval of credit applications;
• Develop and prepare spreadsheets and other digital/electronic models to support the analysis of new credit applications leveraging on the Bank's core banking system and its other digital platforms;
• Work closely with the product development and product management teams to develop innovative financing products that are responsive to the changing customer needs;
• Carry out regular reviews of the existing credit facilities for the corporate and commercial loan portfolio, and updating management on any findings relating to the borrower's ability to pay;
• Meet with both the Bank's existing as well as new potential clients to discuss funding needs, as well as provide technical support in structuring complex deals;
• Regularly monitor the quality of the Bank's loan portfolio, to assess potential risks of non-payment of loans and the incidence of NPAs, and advising management accordingly;
• Train and develop staff to constantly improve underwriting skills for the team; and
• In liaison with Finance to provide relevant information on funders' requirements and the legal requirements to structure deals to balance asset risk, maximize yield/returns based on cash flows ability.
• Strong analytical and decision-making abilities as well as good communication and negotiation skills
• Excellent knowledge of the financial services lending processes, with good credit analysis and underwriting skills;
• Ability to read, analyse and interpret financial information including audited accounts, management accounts, business budgets and cashflow statements
• Proficiency in financial modelling skills using spreadsheets, and, or any other specialist financial modelling software;
• A good team player, with the ability to lead, train and supervise teams; and Experience working in an audit firm will be an added advantage.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Economics, or other related field or discipline;
• A Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Project Financing and or a Professional qualification in Finance, Accounting or Credit Analysts Certification qualification would be an added advantage;
• At least ten years (10) years' working experience in a reputable financial institution of which at least five (5) years must be in a Credit and Risk Management function;
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5-10 years
Job application procedure
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their CV and a cover letter highlighting how their experience is relevant to the duties and responsibilities described above to email@example.com by not later than Friday 5 February 2021.
The CV must include 3 referees including their e-mail address and telephone number. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.