|Date Posted||February 9, 2021|
Corporate / Organisation Coordinator
Deadline of this Job:
19 February 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala , East Africa
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine international Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIWAIDS care and treatment Children's Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa, Eastern Europe and North America.
Baylor Uganda is seeking experienced professionals to fill the following position:
Position: Director Medical & Community Programs –Kampala
The successful candidate will be responsible for initiating, developing and monitoring the implementation of systems, policies and procedures of HIV/ TB Pediatric adolescent and MNH programs in line with Baylor Uganda's mission and National program objectives for Pediatric adolescent HIV/TB management. .
• Review and approval Baylor-Uganda policies and SOPs and periodic consolidated work plan, procurement plan and budget for the ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB management and MNH, then monitor targeted data driven implementation at regional level in line with National program objectives for Pediatric adolescent HIV/TB management
• Develop and monitor the implementation of 5 or 3 years operation strategy for Pediatric/adolescent HIWT B management based on holistic strategic thinking while repositioning Baylor Uganda's ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIV/T B management programs in line with National related changing guidelines. policy and environment.
• Provide technical and leadership support during the mobilization of funding & technical resources for program sustainability & growth Including development of new partnerships & business for ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB program.
• Develop and monitor the implementation for strategies geared towards strengthening demand creation. community engagement and functional linkages and referrals for Pediatric/adolescent HIV/TB' services while utilizing the approved IEC materials in line with related National program objectives
• Develop and maintain strategic partnerships and networks between Baylor Uganda with ‘relevant development partners and implementing partners to advocate for a comprehensive. relevant and harmonize interventions to reflect latest trends in ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIWTB management’ in line with National related program objectives
• Develop and monitor the implementation and evaluation of the capacity building plan interventions and retooling plan (materials. working tools & space) which includes refurbishment of appropriate infrastructures) for ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIWTB management and MNH based on a clear related National curriculum and needs in line with the related National program objectives
• Develop strategies and procedures for monitoring the integration and implementation of gender and COI procedures in the management of ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIWTB services‘ to improve on service delivery in line with related National program objectives
• Review the existing M&E framework and provide technical support in the developing of indicators for ‘Pediatric/adolescent HIWTB management’ and related appropriate reporting procedures then follow up integration of these indicators in the Baylor-Uganda M&E frameworks in line with related National program objectives.
• Periodically evaluate the performance of Baylor-Uganda in comparison to other implementing partners countries in terms of ‘Pediatric/ adolescent HIV/TB’ program implementation then develop action plans for improvements including periodic report writing and teed back to key stakeholders in line with the related National program objectives.
• Monitor the compliance of the staff under ‘Pediatric.-“adolescent HIV/TB’ and MNH programs to HR systems and policies as well as conduct supervisory HR support activities to maintain competent and motivated leaders under Pediatric/adolescent HIV/B management in line with the Human Resources Manual.
• Develop periodic abstracts and newsletters based on documented lessons learnt and experiences under Pediatric/adolescent HIV/T B management then disseminate them to key stakeholders in form of reports and presentations in periodic stakeholder's workshops in line with Baylor-Uganda policy for ‘Outcome evaluation & Knowledge management’
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
• MBCHB with a Master's degree in Medicine, Pediatrics and Child Health or Public Health
• Must be a registered doctor with the Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners’ Council (UMDPC)
• Trained in comprehensive HIWAIDSRTB care and support services
• At least seven (7) years working experience as medical personnel, with four (4) years program of experience at managerial level, in a reputable Non-Governmental Organization
• Have good knowledge of project planning management principles, donor guidelines, coupled with strong understanding of HIWT B and MNH Interventions
• Skilled in writing fundable proposals and quality reports Competence to build the capacity of health workers in HIV/AIDS, TB and MNH programming and management at all levels.
• Ability to build and strengthen collaborative networks with different stakeholders including the Donors, Ministry of Health, the districts and other implementing partners
• Have Key personal competences in teamwork, communication skills, networking and partnership skills
• Must be dynamic, Persuasive 8; convincing, self
• motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative
• Proficiency in conducting operational research and have manuscripts for publication in regard to policy development or organization development improvement and build the capacity of directorate staff
• Proficiency in computer and monitoring and evaluation skills is an added advantage
• Additional mathematic and accounting qualifications and good budgeting skills is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Master's degree
Job Experience Requirements: Seven (7) years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
If you believe that you are the right candidate for the above positions, open the link for details of the position to apply. https://careers.baylor-uganda.org Applications should include a cover letter, CV daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts; Deadline for application is 19th February 2021. You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level [UCE]. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.