|Location||Kampala, West Nile, Uganda|
|Date Posted||January 23, 2021|
Administration Jobs in Uganda
Deadline of this Job:
29 January 2021
Within Uganda , Kampala and West Nile , East Africa
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Logistics Officers - 2 Positions
Report to: Senior Transport Officer
Location: Kampala National Office (1) and West Nile (1)
Purpose of the position:
The Logistics Officer will ensure that we have a well serviced fleet available for staff movements, tracking vehicle movements and speed limits. The personnel will also liaise with other teams in delivering quality reporting and support to the WVU mission objectives.
• Fleet Management and Administration; ensuring timely servicing and well maintained fleet, coordinating with project managers to ensure the limited fleet is equally shared among all projects. Weekly inspection of fleet, coordinating training for ridders and drivers, tracking of vehicle for safety of fleet, passengers and property of World Vision, management of Vehicle Log books and Mileages and Overseeing the rental/hire of vehicles.
• Managing my team; liaising with P&C in filling caps within the department, ensuring appraisals are done in time and submitted for strategic decisions and ensuring all riders and drivers adhere to WV fleet policies.
• Preparation of fleet reports; Monthly fuel and fleet usage report for both internal and external decision making.
• Fuel Management; liaising with procurement to ensure framework Agreements for Fuel, Garage Companies requesting/approval of fuel requests for fleet and generators, processing or follow up on Fuel cards re-load/payments for fuel
• Compliance with legal requirements; tracking of vehicle speed, Management of 3rd party Insurance stickers and timely replacing of the expired stickers for fleet.
• Vehicle Disposal; coordinating the assessment of fleet for disposal and administering the disposal process with support from the procurement and Administration within the response and from the National Office.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
• Bachelor of Logistics & Supply chain management BBA-Option Logistics & Procurement. Masters in Supply Chain Management is an added advantage
• At least 2-3 years of proven and practical experience as Logistics Officer with a Reputable NGO more so an International Agency in Refugee work.
• Experience of developing / implementing complex logistics to support different types of programmes, and coordinating resources to meet diverse programme needs and objectives.
• Proven track-record in managing and supervising others in logistics and supply chain, including training and capacity building
• On line procurement skills (Provision knowledge is great asset for all fleet on line booking for vehicle service and repairs + delivery receipt on line).
• Technical experience/training in specific areas of supply chain e.g. fleet mechanics, IT/communications networks, warehousing and assets management.
• Must be a very honest person and willing to work for extra-long hours when required
• Effective in written and verbal communication in English [Alur, Lugbara, Kakwa and Kiswahili,]
• Stores Management
• Fleet Management
• Financial Management
• Flexible, adaptable and proactive
• The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20 % of the time.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2-3 years
Job application procedure
Click Here To Apply